1. How to be a member?
- You need to register at the library.
- Patron ID will be given to a member.
2. Who can be a member?
- NIH staff
- Students of the :
- Post-graduate Diploma in Medical Microbiology (DMM)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Applied Parasitology & Entomology (DAP&E)
- Employees of the Ministry of Health Malaysia
3. Membership privileges.
- Membership is free.
- Books and journals are allowed to be borrowed within 2 weeks and the number of items borrowed is according to categories below:
- IMR staff, DMM and DAP&E students - 8 books/journals
- Temporary staff from MOH - 6 books/journals
- MOH staff - 2 books/journals
- Users are allowed to access the library's electronic resources such as database or e-journals and digitized materials
- Other library facilities such as photocopy machines, internet for literature search and PC for general usage.
4. What are the library rules and regulations
- A borrower is personally responsible for returning on time.
- The library will send reminder about overdue materials.
- For losses of book, the user has to pay the price of book and plus 20% additional for processing fee.
- Any damage done to the borrowed material during the loan period must be paid by the borrower. Damaged material still belongs to the library after compensation has been made.
- Some special collections like thesis and MOH materials are only available as a local loan at the library circulation counter.